Sunday, April 17, 2011

BIG weekend!!!!

This weekend has been a bit crazy! I have been a cleanin' fool! And I'm still not tired of it yet. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and only have 2 rooms to declutter totally now before I can just maintain. One is the living room and the other is the master bedroom.

Anyway, the weekend o' cleanin' began on Friday with DH and I starting to fling in DD (age 7) 's room for an hour. Then DH left for work and I continued while DS (22 months) was still napping. By the end of the night, I had my eldest baby's room under control. YAY!

On Saturday, I had to work and my DH vacuumed and cleaned the carpet in DD's room. He also then straightened DS's books that were thrown all over his room and put some of the toys (that were likewise thrown all over the room) on the shelf. I was so tired when I got home, I swiped and swished the bathroom, but had no energy to do anything else.

This morning, I got up and started my normal daily routine. I emptied the dishrack, washed last night's dishes, swipe and swished the bathroom, rebooted a load of laundry, got dressed, ate breakfast that my DH made, got the kids up and dressed and attempted (unsuccessfully) to fold a load of laundry. (The DS kept grabbing the newly folded clothing and strewing it from hither to yon... thus no laundry folding was successful.)

This afternoon, we went to see "Shrek: The Musical". If you have a chance to see it, jump at it! It was so much fun!! Then we picked up the baby and had dinner out.

When we got home (the DH was at work), we went upstairs to the DS's room and started organizing that. Finished getting the toys organized, worked in a bunch of books and toys from the DD's room that she had outgrown. Vacuumed DS's room and the stairwell up stairs.

Over all ended up flinging a TON of stuff. There have been at least 13 bags of trash flung and 5 boxes of toys and clothes to take to Goodwill. Later this week, I'm hoping to start to go through and fling DD's stuffed animals, since there are entirely too many of them. So tired but soooo encouraged by the progress! Getting there... I can't wait to be done and just maintain! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment